Saturday, January 25, 2014

Get To Know: Brandon Branch


Local style guru, dare we say icon, Brandon Branch, is Paula Deen's right-hand man, a renowned dinner party host, and an extremely talented style blogger on Mrs. Deen's website.  Brandon dishes on his favorite Savannah antique shops (including Clutter...we promise we did not pay him for the mention), his style tips, and what celebrity home he'd love to decorate below. Get to know a little about one of Savannah's big talents!

GET TO KNOW: BRANDON BRANCH
Design Director, Paula Deen Enterprises

CF&I: Your style has been described as “equal parts Yankee chic and Southern elegance all muddled together in a monogrammed mint julep cup.”  What does that look like? 
BRANDON BRANCH: My style changes with every home that I move into.  My current home on Troup Square is tone on tone with small pops of color.  I love mixing antiques with modern pieces.  I love anything that tells a story, I love the history of pieces.  I have an empire sideboard from 1840 that was made in Savannah that I adore.  Hanging above that is 2 modern pieces of art from a SCAD student.  I feel if you buy things that you love somehow they will all work together.  So I really don’t have just one look.  My next house may have tones of color and be real modern or a Victorian!

CF&I: What is your favorite room in your home right now? What elements or pieces move it to the top of the list?
BB: The favorite room in my house right now is my bedroom.  The chandelier is the centerpiece!!  It weighs over 100lbs and is polished nickel from Circa Lighting.  I have very thick silk drapes in gray, pewter, and cream stripe on marvelous silver rods.  The room is very glamorous and calming  

CF&I: Your dinner parties are world (or at least Savannah) famous. What could we expect from a meal at Casa de Branch?
BB: What you can expect from a meal at one of my dinner parties is first a flawless set table with tons of flowers and candles.  I like to do several courses and like to be formal.  I like to have a mix of friends and at least an hour and half of cocktails before dinner.  My favorite meal to serve is braised short ribs over horseradish mash!

CF&I: What style tips can you give our readers?
BB: Style tips that I live by are...buy what you love and it will always work in your home.  You may just have to find just the right spot for it.  Your home should be constantly evolving.  Move things around often.  And always have at least one living thing in a room.  Be it a house plant, an orchid or just greenery cut from your yard. 

CF&I: If you could style one celebrity’s home, past or present, who would it be and why? What pieces would your bring to the space?
BB: The one celebrity’s home I would love to style and do is Paula Deen! I can’t imagine working for anyone else!! When you work for the best why look anywhere else.

CF&I: Where are your go-to shops for your home? Do you like to hunt for furniture online or go junking? 
BB: My go to places in Savannah are Clutter, of course, and I go once a week to Seventh Heaven on Skidaway Road. Joe gets amazing things and I always end up bringing something home from there.  I love The Paris Market and One Fish Two FishArcanum always has wonderful things and so does Jere’s Antiques.

CF&I: When can we expect a follow up to Paula Deen’s Savannah Style to see more of your beautiful designs?  
BB: The book Paula Deen’s Savannah Style that Paula and I wrote together took over 2 years to create.  It was a labor of love.  With so much going on at work now we just don’t have the time to do another at the moment.  I try to do an article in each issue of Paula’s Magazine on entertaining, which is always fun.  But you never know what’s up our sleeves!  

Catch more of Brandon on his Twitter or when he dishes style advise on Paula's Blogs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...