Thursday, April 18, 2013

Get To Know: Jimmy Rahn


My dad, JIMMY RAHN, is a man of few words...to say the least.  But in his limited verbosity, there is a wealth of knowledge, compassion, intrigue, and especially love.  Here's a short look at the great guy who my kids just call "Papa"! (And a peak at some of his art!!)

Jimmy Rahn
Postman, United States Postal Service
Artist, Handyman, "Papa"

CLUTTER FURNISHINGS AND INTERIORS: When did you start painting?
JIMMY RAHN: First grade.

CF&I: What is your favorite medium to work with?
JR: No. 2 pencil.

CF&I: What is your favorite thing about being a mailman?
JR: Walking in the sunshine.

CF&I: What is your guilty pleasure?
JR: Chocolate.

CF&I: Describe Savannah, your hometown, in five words.
JR: Historical, laid-back, southern, comfort, y'all.

"Egret 1" & "Egret 2" by Jimmy Rahn guard over Lynn's living room (as photographed
by You're Welcome Savannah's, Cedric Smith).

"Birds" by Jimmy Rahn, 5"x5" acrylic on canvas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...